Tuesday 11 December 2012

Weekly summary

Another 1lb gone! I'm feeling great about myself and although I don't think I'm going to meet my revised WAMK's goal I'm certain I'll have achieved more than I thought I was capable of - my original goal was to lose 10lbs by Christmas, now 20lbs but I've currently managed 15lbs which is still a lot more than I expected as I remember being wary of even setting 10lbs as a goal!

After such a hectic week last week with my exam I've been trying to take it a bit easy and my mum had keyhole surgery so have been keeping in regular contact with her to make sure she's ok and coping with the recovery. She seems to be doing well but it's a reminder more than anything of what bad diet can do to you. If she'd not begun Slimming World when she found out she would've had to go on what's called a milk diet for about a week or two before her op which is literally what it sounds like - milk is your food. That's it. It's to force the body into starvation so the surgeon can get beyond the fat in your stomach etc. But she's doing really well and I'm very proud of her as she's always been squeamish but has dealt with this extremely well and now isn't back at work until the new year due to recovery and Christmas!

Speaking of Christmas I can't wait to go home and see everyone! My boyfriend is staying at home this year so we're having our own mini Christmas this weekend. As I mentioned before I'm actually feeling really good about myself at the moment and am probably the most confident and smallest I've ever been! It's hard to be sure as I never weighed myself but I am feeling really comfortable with myself right now, I'm not getting complacent as I know there's still plenty I want to change and ideally I want to lost at least 1 1/2 stone more. Knowing that I've already lost double that makes me feel amazing and so pleased I started this! Eating well, or at least better, all of the time and extra exercise is definitely having a positive impact on me within my mind and energy as well as my body.

I'm just so pleased I didn't put off beginning this any longer as I feel fantastic! I hope everyone else is doing well and feeling good :)

2 comments:

  1. I just read a quote that "confidence is a stain nobody can remove" -- I can hear the happiness come from your words. So happy for you and your successes. Keep up the great work. Hope your mom recovers well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, that's such a lovely quote and comment! You're looking great as well, I love the jacket in your last post :)

      Delete