Friday 4 January 2013

The year in summary

Apologies for not having posted in a while, I went to my parents' for a few weeks over Christmas and just wanted to enjoy being with them whilst there and not think about blogging, upon returning I've felt really homesick and somewhat depressed but I'm working on ways to deal with it and most certainly haven't turned to food thankfully. I maintained over the Christmas period which I'm really pleased with and think it's important to compare where I was this time last year with where I am now.

On starting 2012 I was (at least, if not more, as these measurements were taken around May and I'm certain I was bigger before) 14 stone 10 lbs with measurements of;

Waist - 33"
Hips - 48"
Thigh - 29"
Arms 14.5 "

On starting 2013 I am 12 stone 8 lbs with measurements of;

Waist - 27"
Hips - 42"
Thigh - 25"
Arms - 12.5 "

Considering I began taking my weight loss seriously in the summer, I've lost over 2 stone in 6 months, as well as 6 inches from my waist and hips, 4 inches from my thighs and 2 inches from my arms. I feel that this is a really good achievement and although I'm not yet where I want to be, I feel pleased with the progress I've made so far. I've revised my goal weight to be 10 stone 7 lbs and I'm aiming to achieve a weight of at least 11 stone by September this year, I've got 1 stone to lose until I'm within a healthy BMI range which I'm aiming to achieve by the start of May, I think by having more specific goals to reach within a certain time frame I'll feel more motivated to achieve them and therefore will find it easier to make healthier choices and exercise more.

I think the difference in my appearance is more obvious when pictures of before and now are put together, such as in the picture below (starting weight to current weight left to right) and, of course whilst there's still a long way for me to go, I'm so pleased with my progress so far.


4 comments:

  1. Looking great! a 30lbs loss is amazing... keep up the good work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done an amazing job, and you look great! And well done you for maintaining over Christmas!

    ReplyDelete